Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Grad Student Part

I was recently accepted to the M.S. in Management & Systems program at NYU! I was so shocked by the Congratulations letter that I screamed into the phone when I told my mother. It was unreal. Luckily, the program offers all there classes online, making it a bit easier to get my masters while I travel.

It is not as easy as I original thought it would be. Leaving a branch dinner to "go to class" is difficult. Imagine - you're sitting at a table of branch management (people that may eventually hire you one day) and you have to get up from a $100/person meal to go to an online class. Not an easy task.

Also, submitting 6 individual assignments, 6 groups assignments, a term paper and participating in a forum all take their toll.

My first class is Financial Management. So far, I'm doing pretty well as I have already studied most of the material before through the CFA curriculum. The interesting part about these classes is that they're only 6 weeks long. $4500 for a 6 week class - insane. I only have 2 more Financial Management classes left. After that, I'll be done with 1 of 13 courses.

Information Technology is my next class and that should prove to be a bit more difficult. We'll see how it goes.

I love the Financial Management professor though - wish I had the chance to actually meet him in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment